Teaching is one of the most rewarding professions, one has a chance to impact the lives of the students, and this is why the role of a teacher is everlasting in the students’ lives. No one wants to look old; being a teacher gives one the opportunity of being around young brains most of the time.
Joining a teacher training course comes with numerous benefits discussed below.
- Time to enjoy vacations- As a teacher; you have time off work during leaves when schools close for holidays, giving you time to spend with family.
Vacations are also an ideal time for professional growth; you can choose to do more courses to enhance your career. Or engage in other jobs, like farming which will help you generate more income.
- Fewer hours of work- Being in the teaching profession you work less as compared to employees in other occupations. Mostly you are required to work for six hours in a day. Holidays give you time to be engaged in other activities of interest to you. Therefore, you maintain a good work, life balance.
- Personal growth– In the pursuit of information, as a teacher, you read a lot to impart the same to your students because you have to be an expert. Some exceptional skills of a person to interact well with your students are needed, in fulfilling these demands, you grow several skills.
- Salary and benefits– Most schools offer a competitive package for teachers, this makes you able to pay your bills to take care of your family. As a teacher, you are also eligible for the pension which in turn caters to your monetary needs after retirement. Most schools also offer health insurance to teachers; this means you don’t use your salary on hospital bills when sick.
- Surerity of employment– With many schools coming and children being born every day, the demand for teachers is high. You are sure to get work if you train as a teacher. Training institutions offer placement for their students which makes it even easier to get a job unlike in other professions.
- Teaching is less monotonous- Everyone likes meeting different people, education gives you a chance to meet new students each year, your lessons may be the same, but the kids you reach with the same information are different. New faces make teaching attractive.
- Affordable payment – Most institutions can offer the training courses for teachers then you pay as you work. The courses are accessible with some going for as low as $4,700 which you can pay when you secure employment.
- Developing a sense of responsibility and Creativity– Students view teachers as role models, this makes you more responsible as a teacher. Training as a teacher also gives a chance to strive to come up with new strategies of teaching, invent new methods of making learning more fun this makes you more creative.
Teaching creates long-lasting bonds and remembrance, as a teacher you bond with your students and continue to influence their lives way after their graduations.
What students learned from you cannot be easily forgotten, some invite you to their wedding ceremonies, parties, and even baby showers. A teacher leaves a legacy and is always remembered by many.